Kilmagner National School
Fermoy, Co. Cork Established 1878
Phone: (025) 36802 email address. firstname.lastname@example.org
KILMAGNER SCHOOL ETHOS
Kilmagner National School is a co-educational Catholic primary school under the patronage of the Bishop of Cloyne. The school models and promotes a philosophy of life inspired by belief in God. While Kilmagner N.S. is a school with a Catholic ethos, it has due recognition for pupils of other faiths or none.
Our Catholic ethos finds expression through the core values of our school and through our actions, attitudes and practices:
- Our school is a centre of learning for all in the school community. This requires high professional standards from all the teachers, a commitment to ongoing professional development, dedicated unremitting service to the pupils and energetic efforts to help children to the next stage of their development.
- The focus is on the child and pupils are constantly encouraged and affirmed to achieve their best in every sphere while recognising each child’s individual abilities and gifts.
- Staff, pupils and parents are called to witness our school ethos by ensuring that what we model is a reflection of what we promote.
- When differences occur, we strive to listen, remain open and show patience, understanding, respect and forgiveness in our dealings with others.
Our School embraces:
- A sense of fairness and right relationships with all other persons.
- Deep respect for all people.
- Forgiveness and new beginnings: A place where grudges are not held.
- Respect and Dignity: Deep intrinsic respect for all others.
- Affirmation and Tolerance: That we speak to, react to and act towards others respectful of their dignity.
- Personal Faith Formation: Formal prayer, religion lesson, celebrations of sacraments and the liturgical seasons of the year.
- Belonging: That all experience a sense of belonging and contribute to the promotion of the desired ethos of the school.
- Understanding: Teachers and pupils have positive experiences of school and positive relations are fostered.